Dr. Dennis Henneböhl
Research and Teaching Areas
- British Cultural Studies and Anglophone Literatures (19th century – present)
- Brexit Britain (cultural narratives and discourses related to Brexit, fictional representations in the BrexLit genre, political rhetoric)
- Science in Literature and Culture (especially interactions between science and theatre)
- Nostalgia Studies
- Historical Fiction (film, TV, novels)
- Contemporary (Northern) Irish Literature and Culture
- British Popular Culture (Film, TV)
Dr. Dennis Henneböhl is a postdoctoral researcher and lecturer in English Literary and Cultural Studies at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU). He specialises in British literatures and cultures from the 19th century to the present as well as on contemporary (Northern) Irish cultural products.
Dennis Henneböhl received his PhD in English Studies and his Master of Education (subjects English and German) from Paderborn University, where he was also awarded a graduate scholarship for his PhD project on nostalgia in contemporary British culture and society. As a research assistant, he previously worked at Paderborn University and he also taught seminars at Ruhr-Universität Bochum as an external lecturer. He is an active member of various national and international research networks such as the German Association for the Study of British Cultures (BritCult), the German Association for the Study of English (Deutscher Anglistikverband), the Historical Fictions Research Network (HFRN), and the British Society for Literature and Science (BSLS).
- Performativity of Science in the Victorian Era
- Ireland, Europe and Brexit: Cultural Discourses on European Community (co-operation with project organiser Dr. Sara Strauß from Paderborn University)
- Nostalgia in Contemporary British Culture and Society (monograph published by Brill | Fink)