Marleen Waffler, M.A.
Research Summary and Profile
The Interrelation of Literature, Religion, and Science (esp. in the Early 18th Century); Physicotheology; The Age of Reason; Detective Story; Aestheticism; Questions and Concepts of Identity; Queer Literature and Theory
- Since 2019: member of academic staff/wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Currently: PhD project “Divine Punishment and Logical Occurence: Catastrophes in Late Seventeenth-Century and Early Eighteenth-Century English Texts” (WT)
- 2018-2019: Mentee in the ARIADNEphil mentoring program for young female academics (Office for Gender and Diversity, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- 2017-2019: Lecturer at the Chair for English Literature at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- M.A. English Studies, Anglo-Irish Literature and Early Modern History at FAU Erlangen and University College Dublin (2017)
- “‘Those Heavenly Lamps’: Ethical Considerations and Restrictions in the Development of Comets from Harbingers of Divine Wrath to Objects of Scientific Study.” Conference: The Ethics and Narratives of Non-Knowledge: Literary and Cultural Perspectives on the Limits of Research, Schloss Herrenhausen/Hannover, 02-04 Nov 2022.
- (Editor of) Dr. Kristina Schippling. My anger is white and pure! Ed. Marleen Waffler. Basel/Nürnberg: Seubert Verlag, forthcoming 2023. (A collection of poetry and prose, translated from the German by the author and the editor).
- Jonathan Swift Travel Grant (2019, 2020, 2021, 2023), granted by the Friends of the Ehrenpreis Centre for Swift Studies (WWU Münster)
- since 2019: Webmaster for the Chair of English Literature
- Grundseminar Literature: Introduction to English and American Literary Studies (multiple times)
- Lektüreseminar Literature: Introduction into English and American Literary Periods (multiple times)
- Aufbauseminar Literature: Introduction to Literary Theory
- The Fable (PS)
- Member of the Friends of the Ehrenpreis Centre for Swift Studies
- Member of the British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Member of the International Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Member of the German Anglicist Association
- Member of the Interdisciplinary Centre Gender Difference Diversity (IZGDD)
- Member of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Contemporary Literature and Culture (IZG)