PhD Project: “Mediating Otherness in Cultural Discourse: the Planetary Posthuman Subject in Afrofuturist Science Fiction”
- American literary and cultural studies
- critical posthumanist theory
- intercultural studies
- postcolonial studies
- Since 2022: Doctoral Research Fellow in the DFG research training group “Literatur und Öffentlichkeit in differenten Gegenwartskulturen” (“Literature and the Public Sphere in Differentiated Contemporary Cultures”), FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- 2020 – 2022: Student Assistant in the DFG Project “Economy and Epistemology of Gossip in 19th- and Early 20th-Century US-American Literature and Culture” at the University of Bayreuth.
- 2021: Member of the external commission for the internal re-accreditation of the BA English/American Studies and MA Intercultural Anglophone Studies courses for the Quality Assurance Office (Stabsstelle Qualitätssicherung), University of Bayreuth
- 2019 – 2022: M.A. Intercultural Anglophone Studies at the University of Bayreuth.
- 2016 – 2017: Editorial Board Member of the Global Histories: A Student Journal. Volume 3, Issue 1 & 2 (2017) ISSN: 2366-780X – at the Free University of Berlin
- 2017: Member of the organizing committee for the 3rd International Global History Student Conference, May 20-21, 2017, at the Free University of Berlin
- 2015 – 2018: M.A. Global History, joint degree program at Free University of Berlin and Humboldt University, Berlin.
- 2012 – 2018: B.A. (Honours) in History at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- As student assistant in organizing team: Speculative Endeavors. Cultures of Knowledge and Capital in the Long Nineteenth Century, digital conference, October 21-23, 2021
- As organizer and co-moderator: 3rd International Global History Student Conference, May 20-21, 2017
Roundtables and Workshops
- 17th HIP Workshop on “South Asia’s Legal Landscapes: Legislation, Litigation and Social Realities” at the Department of South Asian Studies (Institute for Asian and African Studies), Humboldt University, Berlin. (05.02.2016)
- National Seminar on “Jawaharlal Nehru and the Question of Environmental Sustainability: Historical Perspectives” Department of History, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (12.09.2014)
- “Beyond the Frame: India in Britain, 1858-1950” at the British Council Kolkata, conducted by the British Library and The Open University (2011)
Memberships and Networks