Axelle Germanaz, M.A.
Axelle Germanaz, M.A.
The Far-Right in the United States
White Supremacy, Populism, and Extremism
Theories of Race and Racism
Affect Studies, Public Feeling, and Tacit Knowledge
Myths and Ideology
Environmental Humanities and Biopolitics
Current Research Project
- White Power Movement, American Mythology, and the Logics of Exceptionalism (Dissertation Project)
M.A. in North American Studies, FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg (2018)
B.A. in Foreign and Regional Languages, Literatures and Civilizations, Université de La Réunion (2015)
- 2018-present: Research assistant with teaching assignment at the chair of American Studies at FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg
Fellowships & Grants
- 2019: Duke University Post-Graduate Research Fellowship of the BAA
- 2018, 2019: BAA Fellowship for the Annual Summer Institute/Summer Academy
- 2018: DAAD Travel Grant
Workshops & Conferences
- “Imagining a White ‘City upon the Hill’: White Power Movement, American Mythology, and the Logics of Exceptionalism.” (Poster) – PGF2019: “Challenges of the Post-Truth Era in American Studies,” Passau, December 2019.
- “The American White Power Movement and the Myth of Nature’s Nation.” Political Ecologies of the Far Right, Lund, November 2019.
- “‘Back in the Fatherland’: White Power Music, Propaganda, and Transnationalism.” 19th BAA Annual Conference: ‘New Perspectives on Transatlantic Relations: Multidisciplinary Approaches.’ Amerikahaus, Munich, July 2019.
- “Imagining the Border, Constructing the Nation: The Migrant in the Trump Era.” International Conference of RIIA ‘Mobilities and Transformations: Perspectives from the Americas.’ FAU, Erlangen, June 2019.
- “(Re-)Birth of a Nation: Politics of Purity, Nature’s Regenerative Power, and White America in Griffith’s 1915 Film.” BAA Summer Academy in Nuremberg, June 2019.
- “Tweeting the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth? Trump’s Use of Twitter and the Popularization of Politics.” Conference on Democracy and Disinformation in the Era of Trump. UCD Clinton Institute, Dublin, December 2018.
- “The White Power Code: White Power Movement, American Myths, and the World Wide Web.” PGF2018, Duisburg-Essen, November 2018.
- “Facts Beyond Truth, or How a President Uses Twitter to Popularize his Version of the Word.” Trilateral Workshop ‘Seing like a State: Popularizing Correct Knowledge’, Yonsei University, South Korea, September 2018.
- “The White Power Code: White Power Movement, American Myths and the World Wide Web.” BAA Summer Academy in Miami, June 2018.
- “Soundtrack for the ‘Invisible Empire’: Visions of America in White Power Music.” International Conference on Music, Avant-Gardes and Counterculture at the University of Lisbon, October 2017.
- Borders and Borderlands in the American Imagination (PS)
- Populism in the United States (PS)
- White Supremacy and American Popular Culture (PS)
- Aufbauseminar Culture (AS)