Axelle Germanaz, M.A.
- Organization: Department of English and American Studies
- Working group: Chair of American Studies (Prof. Dr. Paul)
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-23492
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
91054 ErlangenRoom A502
- Office hours:
Office Hours during the term break
Office Hours (winter term)
Theories of Race and Racism
White Supremacist Movements and Ideologies
Affect, Public Feeling, and Tacit Knowledge
Popular Culture and Popular Music
Transnational and Comparative North American Studies
Reeducation and Americanization
Current Research Projects
- White Power Movements and American Mythology (Dissertation Project)
- American Cultural Politics, or “Reeducation,” in South Korea
M.A. in North American Studies, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg (2018)
B.A. in Foreign and Regional Languages, Literatures and Civilizations, Université de La Réunion
- 2018-present: research assistant with teaching assignment at the chair of American Studies at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
Fellowships & Grants
- 2018: BAA Fellowship for the Annual Summer Institute/Summer Academy
- 2018: DAAD Travel Grant
Workshops & Conferences
- “Tweeting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? Trump’s Use of Twitter and the Popularization of Politics.” Conference on Democracy and Disinformation in the Era of Trump. UCD Clinton Institute, Dublin, December 2018)
- “The White Power Code: White Power Movement, American Myths, and the World Wide Web.” PGF2018, Duisburg-Essen, November 2018)
- “Facts Beyond Truth, or How a President Uses Twitter to Popularize his Version of the Word.” Trilateral Workshop ‘Seing like a State: Popularizing Correct Knowledge’, Yonsei University, South Korea, September 2018.
- “The White Power Code: White Power Movement, American Myths and the World Wide Web.” BAA Summer Academy in Miami, June 2018.
- “Soundtrack for the ‘Invisible Empire’: Visions of America in White Power Music.” International Conference on Music, Avant-Gardes and Counterculture at the University of Lisbon, October 2017.
- Populism in the United States (PS)
- White Supremacy and Popular Culture (PS)
- Aufbauseminar Culture