Claudia Hachenberger, M.A.
- Inter-American Studies
- Hemispheric Studies
- Latin American Literary Studies
- Doctoral Fellowship by the Villigst Protestant Academic Foundation (Evangelisches Studienwerk Villigst)
- Substituting the Assistant Professor at the Chair of North American Literary Studies (October 2019 – January 2020)
- Lecturer at the Institute for Romance Studies (Spanish Literature Classes, April 2019 – September 2019)
- Travel grants by the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology and the Office for Gender and Diversity, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg (February and April 2019)
- Mentee in the ARIADNEphil-Program for young female academics (Office for Gender and Diversity, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg) (April 2018 – September 2019)
- Master of Arts (The Americas/Las Américas) (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, 2018)
- Bachelor of Arts in Ibero-Romance and English and American Studies (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, 2016)
- Scholarship for the Fulbright American Studies Summer Session at Humboldt University, Berlin (Summer 2015)
Memberships and Functions
- Representative of the doctoral candidates of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology (Promovierendenkonvent, since October 2019)
- Member of the Interdisciplinary Research Network on the Americas (RIIA)
- Member of the International Association of Inter-American Studies e.V. (IAS)
- Member of the German Association for American Studies (DGfA)
Papers and Lectures
- upcoming: “Gioconda Belli’s Waslala. Memorial del Futuro (1996) – Illuminating the Gap Between a Bleak Future Scenario Concerning Nicaragua’s Hegemonic Order and the Alternative Community of Waslala.” Society of Latin American Studies (SLAS) 2020 Conference, University of Amsterdam, April 17-18, 2020.
- upcoming: “Karen Tei Yamashita’s Through the Arc of the Rain Forest (1990) – A Postcolonial and Ecocritical Novel Promoting a Global Ecological Citizenship.” International Workshop: Ecocritical Life Writing in the Dystopic Present, University of Augsburg, December 5-6, 2019.
- “James Cañón’s Tales from the Town of Widows (2007) – A Contemporary Feminist Utopia Based on the Discovery of Self-Determined Identity.” Society of Latin American Studies (SLAS) 2019 Conference, University of Leicester, April 4-5, 2019.
- “Latino Otherness in the Netflix series Narcos.” International Conference on Film Studies on Identity, Projection and the Other. London Centre of Interdisciplinary Research, University of London, February 9, 2019.
- Introduction to English and American Literary Studies (GS Literature)
- Introduction to Spanish Literary Studies (BS Spanische Literaturwissenschaft)
- Introduction to Literary Theory (AS Literature)
- Seminar on Linguistic Variety and Cultural Difference (KS)
- Ästhetik und gesellschaftskritische Potentiale des Realismo Mágico von den 1950ern bis heute (PS Spanische Literaturwissenschaft)